Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ferrari's Weapon of Choice for the New F1 Season


(I was gonna write something about Margot's birthday bash of yesterday evening in Brussels, but seeing as though the birthday girl in question wasn't really in the party mood after the necessary celebrations of the night before, and I was a wee bit moody after an afternoon in which I needed all the focus I had - and from which many good things will come, as well as for me as for this blog; you just wait - the whole party idea didn't really pan out. So I just decided to write something about the new Ferrari, which was unveiled last Friday.)

So I guess it's just me and all three of you. (Hello Canada! US! Brazil, you too!) It's a beauty, innit - the F150, I mean?

But apparently, the car which will take the start at the Bahrain Grand Prix, come March 13th, will look completely different than the one you see here. (Welcome to modern F1, folks...) At least that's what Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali and chief designer Nicolas Tombazis told the BBC:

"The car you will see at the first race will be completely different from the car you will see in Valencia. (...) This car is just the first step; the entire body will be changed. We will have changes visually and also in performance for our first race."

According to the BBC, the name of the car is a reference to 'the 150th anniversary of the reunification of Italy'. Next week, on February 1st, the 1st test will take place in Valencia - a test where all F1 teams get the chance of running their new cars.

Ahhh, I can already smell the sweet scent of burning rubber and V8 exhaust fumes in the air - like spring, the new F1 season is upon us. Only 41 days left!

No comments: